Re: [Maria-docs] MariaDB 10.0.1-alpha release prep

Hi, Daniel!

On Feb 06, Daniel Bartholomew wrote:
> I've begun prepping MariaDB 10.0.1-alpha for release.
>
> Preliminary changelog and release notes are here:
>  - https://kb.askmonty.org/en/mariadb-1001-release-notes/
>  - https://kb.askmonty.org/en/mariadb-1001-changelog/
>
> I saw in the changelog a couple of features on
> https://kb.askmonty.org/en/what-is-mariadb-100/ that were added in this
> release (MDEV-4011 & Cassandra Storage Engine), if there are other new
> features, or features backported from MySQL 5.6, or anything else I
> should be sure to mention in the release notes, please let me know
> ASAP.

new features:
  MDEV-377 Named dynamic columns.
  MDEV-539 Faster UNIQUE key generation with ALTER TABLE
  MDEV-532 Implement async commit checkpoint in InnoDB and XtraDB
  MDEV-3806 Engine independent statistics

reimplemented a similar MySQL's feature:
  MDEV-452 CURRENT_TIMESTAMP as DEFAULT for DATETIME columns.

backport:
  MDEV-3860 backport --plugin-load-add