Re: mariadb-server not installable on Debian Testing AMD64

Hello Kristian, *,
On Wed, Feb 06, 2013 at 04:15:50PM +0100, Kristian Nielsen wrote:
should we not switch to PM, as this is not mariadb related stuff, which
we are talking about ;?

> Thomas Hackert <thackert@xxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > lo        Link encap:Lokale Schleife
> >           LOOPBACK  MTU:16436  Metrik:1
> >           RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
> >           TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
> >           Kollisionen:0 Sendewarteschlangenlänge:0
> >           RX bytes:0 (0.0 B)  TX bytes:0 (0.0 B)
>
> Right, so the loopback interface does not have any IP address at all / it is
> not up.

But then I have not the faintest idea, why ... :(

> I think this is an error, at least I've never before heard of a system with no
> loopback address ?

Maybe because I have purged all exim, at and other server related stuff
(+ its dependencies) after my Debian installation as usual ;? But I
never stumbled upon any problem until now ... ;) And I can ping either
127.0.0.1 or localhost without any problem (I am trying to find out,
what I should/could change via
http://tldp.org/LDP/nag2/x-087-2-iface.interface.html ... ;) ).
Have a nice evening
Thomas.

--
Common sense is instinct, and enough of it is genius.
		-- Josh Billings