Re: No Doxygen?

Hi, Christian!

On Feb 10, Christian Convey wrote:
> I was kind of surprised to not find anything in MariaDB's build system
> for using Doxygen to create HTML docs.
>
> Have people decided this isn't a worthwhile thing to do?  Or has just
> no one gotten around to it yet?

The interest was very low for some reasons.

At one point in time there were one or two developers in MySQL who were
enthusiastic about it, that's when we've started to use Doxygen style
comments (although some functions still have old style comments), and
Doxygen docs were generated (once?) and put online somewhere. Then those
people left. Others apparently didn't care (myself included). There are
few Doxyfiles still in the source tree. And we're still using Doxygen
style comments (it doesn't really matter what comment style to use, as
long as it's used consistently), so if you'd like you can run Doxygen on
that.