Re: unexpected "Duplicate entry" error

Kazuhiko Shiozaki <kazuhiko@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I tried setting SERIALIZABLE isolation globally and confirmed that
> (much) more deadlocks happened. But unfortunately "Duplicate entry"
> error still happens.
>
>            @@GLOBAL.tx_isolation: SERIALIZABLE
>                   @@tx_isolation: SERIALIZABLE
> @@innodb_locks_unsafe_for_binlog: 1

I don't know.

I am not sure what the semantics is for setting innodb_locks_unsafe_for_binlog
at the same time as SERIALIZABLE. They seem kind of contradictory to me.

Do you still get the deadlocks if you use SERIALIZABLE without
innodb_locks_unsafe_for_binlog?

By the way, you do not need to set SERIALIZABLE globally. Why not set it only
for that particular kind of transaction?