Re: mysql test question

i am interested in writing upgrade tests.  we fixed a bug in our storage
engine that executed some upgrade code for tables created in a prior
version of our software.  i would like to test this bug fix by running the
new software on a data directory from the prior release.  any suggestions
on how to approach this?
thanks