Re: Forked mytop - conflicts, issues

Hi!

On 3 May 2013, at 20:50, Honza Horak <hhorak@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> MariaDB forked mytop utility source some time back, but it causes some issues for us in Fedora for example (and similarly in other distributions I guess) -- particularly the MariaDB's binary mytop conflicts with the same utility from separate package mytop. So, I'd like to take a look at possible solutions.
>
> Since there was a small commit in mytop upstream few weeks back, it doesn't really look like totally dead upstream. So the ideal solution from my POV would be including enhancements that MariaDB did to mytop back to upstream and not including mytop utility in MariaDB any more.
>
> Would something like that be possible from the perspective of MariaDB?

The only change we made to mytop was to have progress reporting. If upstream can take this patch, we can drop mytop from the mariadb package

Is Mark Grennan the current maintainer (http://www.mysqlfanboy.com/mytop/) ?

cheers,
-colin

--
Colin Charles, http://bytebot.net/blog/ | twitter: @bytebot | skype: colincharles
MariaDB: Community developed. Feature enhanced. Backward compatible.