Re: how to use TC_LOG_MMAP in MySQL

Hi,

On 5/9/2013 1:06 PM, Kristian Nielsen wrote:
"nanyi607rao" <nanyi607rao@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

  In
  http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~maria-captains/maria/10.0-mdev452/revision/3434
  you make some change to the class TC_LOG_MMAP,and I want to debug those
  codes to see how it works.but i don't understand in what conditions will
  MySQL use the TC_LOG_MMAP.it only use TC_LOG_DUMMY or MYSQL_BIN_LOG depends
  on the value of opt_bin_log.so how will it use the TC_LOG_MMAP in MySQL.

TC_LOG_MMAP is only used when you have two transactional storage engines (that
support XA) enabled in the server _and_ the binlog is disabled.

So you need some other transactional engine beside InnoDB. The possibilities I
know of are TokuDB and PBXT.

If you compile the server with at least two of InnoDB, PBXT, and TokuDB and
start it with binlog disabled, TC_LOG_MMAP will be used. You then also need to
do a transaction involving at least two of the engines at the same time.

According to my records, if you choose PBXT as your second engine, you'll also need --pbxt-support-xa to hit the code (apparently it's OFF by default).

Good luck,
Elena

As you can imagine, this is not the best tested part of the server ;-). Let us
know if you discover any problems.