Re: MariaDB GTID first impression

Thank you, Kristian. Could you please make just one more clarification:

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 12:02 AM, Kristian Nielsen
<knielsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> At server startup, if we detect that binlog was properly closed and we do not
> need to do crash recovery, the in-memory struct rpl_binlog_state is
> initialised from the file <log-bin>.state.
>
> If we detect that we crashed prior and need to do crash recovery,
> <log-bin>.state is not consulted. Instead the in-memory struct
> rpl_binlog_state is initialised during the scan of the binlog, as part of
> crash recovery.

How does it detect if binlogs were closed properly? I mean if at the
start MariaDB sees that there's no binlogs at all but there is
<log-bin>.state file will it read it? In other words is just having
<log-bin>.state enough to restore gtid_pos after graceful shutdown?

And do I understand correctly that gtid_pos will be combined from the
last records in <log-bin>.state for each domain?

Thank you,
Pavel