Re: MariaDB and MySQL replication

Hi,

> > Before you say they are fully compatible, I point out at least
> > following types at mysql_com.h that do not exist on MariaDB
> > mysql_com.h:
> >
> > MYSQL_TYPE_TIMESTAMP2,
> > MYSQL_TYPE_DATETIME2,
> > MYSQL_TYPE_TIME2,
>
> I do not know the details of this particular point (also you did not
> mention any version info). Best is probably to test it and see, and
> then report your findings and if needed we can file a bug for fixing
> things.

I used :

MariaDB: Server version: 10.0.2-MariaDB-log Source distribution
MySQL: MySQL-5.6.11 Source distribution

Above detail according to Serg is "5.6 fractional timestamps weren't
ported to 10.0 yet (we've released our own implementation about a year
before Oracle, in 5.3, and our's doesn't use MYSQL_xxx2 types)"

R: Jan