Re: mysql 5.6, 5.7

On 06/17/2013 07:51 PM, Zardosht Kasheff wrote:
> +1 on the optimizer tracing. I have found it useful. We've had a
> couple of instances where we looked at where an InnoDB query plan and
> TokuDB query plan diverge for some query, and it showed us bugs in our
> engine.

But as an engine developer you could look into the debug trace as well.
The debug trace contains much more info.
We noticed that with >4-way joins optimizer trace becomes absolutely
useless as one has to look through a huge amount of lines, while with
<4-way joins the optimizer related info can be easily extracted from the
debug trace. The most important: the optimizer trace does not actually
explain WHY the chosen alternative is REALLY better than rejected ones:
the calculation of the costs remains under the cover.

Regards,
Igor.