Uninstalling MariaDB 5.2 does not remove everything.

For @wlad I guess:

After uninstalling MariaDB 5.2.on Win7/64 some (don't remember which minor
version),  it remains in the list of installed programs in Control Panel ..
Programs.

Trying to uninstall displays this dialog (translates to "This action is
only valid for programs currently installed").

I did not try if rebooting system would remove the item from the list. It
may also have been fixed in the installer since the 5.2 release I installed.

-- Peter