Re: RFC: Pausing a query thread

Why not take a more daring approach - implement 'priorities' in
processlist?
"SET PRIORITY = high|medium|low [or 1..9]  FOR processlist.ID=xx;"

I realize that this is not a trivial task, and obviously it requires so
much change in server architecture that it is not a solution for Marian
here-and-now.

@Marian BTW (as you probably know the answer): what do hosting companies
offering 2.95 $-per-month 'web hotel' solutions do where hundreds or
thousands of users/customers share a MySQL server and one user repeatedly
executes idiotic queres from home-grown applications resulting in starving
of the server and thus effectively causing denial-of-service for other
users/customers? I was always surprised that they could manage it with
MySQL, actually!

-- Peter