The funcation of retry_transaction in parallen replication

hi,
  In order to test  "retry_transaction" in function execute_single_transaction(), I change Relay_log_pos to make SQL thread insert Duplicate entry, but I find it successed and do not report error!

  so I debug the function execute_single_transaction() and find the reason : at first time, the insert Rows_log_event::do_apply_event() return 121, that means insert fails. But when retry the insert Rows_log_event::do_apply_event(),it return 0, that means insert success! it seems the Rows_log_event::do_apply_event() do twice, but return different results. how this happened? is it a bug of Rows_log_event::do_apply_event() ?

  By the way, I do this test in mysql-5.5.30, do mariaDB has the some problem?

2013-07-12

nanyi607rao

Follow ups