Doubts about index and optimization

Hi guys i have two doubts...
First the r-tree index
Could i index two integer or float or decimal columns using rtree
And queries like
X>=1 and x<=2 and y>=1 and y<=2
Be optimized using rtree? Another doubt... i dont have a mariadb now to
test, i'm in cellphone... this kind of query is optimized if i have a x,y
btree index? Btree will use x only, or x and y?

Second doubt
I'm thinking about enum rewrite optimzation and i didn't write anything
yet, just studying mariadb code...
When using queries like this
Where x<=5
Or where x>=5
Or without = part

Does mysql know what's the max and min value of x, and rewrite it to
something
X<=5.  To. X in (0,1,2,3,4,5) when x is a integer for example and min(x)=0
I'm thinking about this, in conditions like the rtree optimization,
example... we could optimize x and y with something like

X>1 and x<5 and y>1 and y<5 to
X in (2,3,4) and y in (2,3,4)

It's something like enum optimization but using integers and max min
informations

Well i don't know the full code but i didn't found this information (i
don't remember at least)

Anyone know something about this in source?
If not i will consider this optimization when doing the enum optimization
(i don't remember the mdev number now, but anyone interested in this
optimization can search in jira and find it, i reported and done any job
yet just the raw and high implementation idea)

Thanks guys