maria-developers team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
Re: Review of patch for MDEV-4820
Ok, I've pushed to 10.0-base a patch for MDEV-4820.
As far as I can determine (and I checked quite carefully), this fixes all the
problems you mentioned in the bug description and in your test cases. But I
could have misunderstood something.
Note that for the problem "For some reason at this point server 1 doesn't have
any errors and doesn't replicate anything from server 2. Oops", the error is
caught not when slave connects, but instead when the first event is received,
which should be just as good. The reason is briefly explained in the changeset
comment, and is to not re-introduce the bug MDEV-4485.
The error message for "alternate future" I formulated like this:
"Connecting slave requested to start from GTID %u-%u-%llu, which is not in the
master's binlog. Since the master's binlog contains GTIDs with higher sequence
numbers, it probably means that the slave has diverged due to executing extra
I did not want to use the term "alternate future" as this seems to be not
standard terminology. The MySQL manual uses the related term "diverge".
I am not sure if you will be happy with the fix, but if not, please explain
1. You observe incorrect behavior (eg. lost transactions, alternate future not
caught by error), and if so describe as clearly as possible how to
2. The behaviour is correct, but you are unhappy about the wording of the
error messages, or how the code is implemented.
PS. I hope it is clear that I greatly value your feedback. You and Elena are
the only ones who have seriously worked to help improve the MariaDB GTID, and
your input has already been very valuable.