Re: MDEV-4911 - KILL command with query id

If you're going to add support for killing queries in a specific state
then why not just add the ability to pass in a state? I can see some
use cases for killing queries in a specific state that are more useful
than sleep.

Off the top of my head:
Killing a query while it is waiting for table lock. This would be
especially handy for things like alter table or a big update where you
want to kill it only if it is waiting on a lock but before it has done
any modifications. This may be because it is holding the write lock
and causing other queries to pileup and you know the rollback will be
fast.

It may also be useful to be able to kill queries in opening tables
state in a load shedder to try to quiet down table cache trashing. Or
maybe killing queries in unauthenticated state that are holding up the
accept thread waiting on a bad dns request.

I'm sure there are more state specific kill commands that would come in handy.