Re: Error in 10.0.4 changelog, "Partition lock pruning"?

Hi,

On 8/23/2013 2:02 PM, Sergei Petrunia wrote:
Hello,

Igor has pointed out that the changelog for 10.0.4
https://kb.askmonty.org/en/mariadb-1004-release-notes/

has this line:

   Partition lock pruning (MySQL Bug #37252, Bug #11748732)

while the feature doesn't seem to be there.

I did some investigation:

- The line was in the changelog from the very first edit, it was put
   there by Daniel (who currently is on vacation)

- I was unable to find any trace of MySQL Bug #37252 or Bug #11748732
   in current 10.0 tree.

- It seems, the whole "partition lock pruning" feature so far has not
   been ported to MariaDB 10.0.

Does anybody know anything else about this? Should we remove the line from the
changelog?

If anybody is to blame, it's me -- I put it into the draft JIRA task for release notes, and did so because from my tests it looked like partition lock pruning did work. I can re-check, but if you are sure that it's not there, then of course it should be removed.

Regards,
Elena

BR