Re: MySQL bug affects mariaDB

Thanks wlad for explanation, but this applies to 'shortcuts' (in start
menu) only I think, as I understand your reply.

If I navigate ('cd ..') to the /datadir where my.ini resides and launch
'mysql' from commnd line I will need to specify --defaults-file on the
command line, right? If not the client will start with defaults (or it will
use whatever other my.ini it finds in C:\, C:\Windows or /basedir).

?

-- Peter