Re: MDEV-5277 - Ensure that all MySQL 5.6 options are supported by the MariaDB 10.0 server

Sergey Vojtovich <svoj@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>> > * enforce-gtid-consistency
>> > * gtid-mode
>>
>> This is for MySQL 5.6 GTID, which will not be in MariaDB (we have a completely
>> different GTID implementation). So they should not be implemented, nor should
>> we have dummy options for compatibility.
> You mean refuse to start mysqld if any of those two specified? Please confirm.

Yes, I think we should refuse to start if those are specified.

(Though if anyone feels strongly about allowing these two variables but
ignoring them, I do not have anything against it. They are required for using
GTID on MySQL 5.6, AFAIU. But in MariaDB 10, GTID is always enabled (though it
may or may not be used).