Re: Why local modifications to PCRE library?

Am 16.11.2013 19:39, schrieb Alexander Barkov:
> I'm not sure why bundling PCRE with some our fixes should
> be confusing. We bundle many libraries with our own fixes.
> Before the 10.0.5 release we've bundled the Henry Spenser's regex library with our own modifications for many many
> years.
> No one was ever confused about that :)
> So why do you think it's confusing?

it violates the concept of shared libraries and is *highly* disapproved by most
Linux distributions like Fedora which are doing a hard work downstream to
unbundle all this stuff which wastes a lot of energy all over the world

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:No_Bundled_Libraries