Force PK option and global lock for DDLs

Ahoi,
I would like to propagate two ideas (did it on #irc some times but still some
love is missing)

1. Force PK option.
I would like to have an option to force PK for (innodb) tables.
Forcing is quite easy (a poc from 2011):
http://linsenraum.de/erkules/2011/03/this-table-type-requires-a-primary-key.html
Why?
RBR and so Galera would benefit from such an option.

2. Global DDL Lock
Without Global DDL Lock i.e. ALTER TABLE, DROP TABLE etc. brings you in trouble
while doing a --single-transaction dump.
You can use flush tables with read lock, but then you need not to do a
single-transaction dump anyway.
Even xtrabackup got troubles:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/percona-xtrabackup/+bug/722638
I got to confess I think ignoring tablespace ids is the right soltution.

Even I think this are simple options. I believe they would be quite welcome to a
lot of dba's out there.

Regards
Erkan

--
über den grenzen muß die freiheit wohl wolkenlos sein

Follow ups