Re: Building TOKUDB into 5.5.34 from sources

Hi, md!

On Dec 02, md@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I am trying to build 5.5.34 from source on Linux x64 (Fedora 14).
>
> I was looking at the readme files and could not find anything about
> building 5.5.34 from source and including TokuDB (which has the source
> code in the /storage/TokuDB/ directory) into the build.
>
> I was looking for something like: -DWITH_TOKUDB_STORAGE_ENGINE=ON but
> did not stumble across anything.

As a rule of thumb all plugins are enabled by default and not linked
into the server by default (that is, they're built as .so modules).

If the plugin does not support dynamic linking, it will not be built by
default.

If you specify WITH_xxx - this plugin will be linked statically into
the server, if the plugin supports static linking.

If you specify WITHOUT_xxx - the plugin will not be built at all.

TokuDB supports dynamic linking, so it's built by default, if the build
requirements are satisfied (gcc 4.7+, cmake 2.8.9+).

See also https://mariadb.com/kb/en/specifying-what-plugins-to-build/