The "Monty Program AB" vendor check (rpm)

Hello,

I got assigned to look at the rpm packaging and fixed some stuff there, but got
stuck at the "Monty Program AB" vendor check in support-files/rpm/server-
prein.sh when I wanted to replace the fedora packages with in this case
mariadb galera packages.

Is this check absolutely nessesary?

This prevents you from an easy switch from the fedora mariadb packages to the
ones provided by mariadb using yum and a yum repository as provided at
http://yum.mariadb.org/.

Basically this check prevents me from doing any serious work with the rpm
packages because you manually have to, by force deinstall any conflicting
packages and then install the packages provided by us.

Cheers.

Follow ups