Re: benchmarking next steps

MARK CALLAGHAN <mdcallag@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Are there other goals for single-thread performance regressions? There are
> many that have nothing to do with replication code  although almost every
> single-threaded replication hurts replication.

I am planning to do a general in-depth analysis of single-threaded performance
to look for things that can be improved. I plan to look at different relevant
use-cases, not restricted to replication. I just blogged about a large
improvement in in-memory read-only sysbench.

(This i the reason I asked you a couple months ago about interesting loads to
analyse for single-threaded performance regressions).

My experience is that whatever I take the time to look into, I always find
significant opportunities for improvement that are relative easy to achieve.