MariaDB plugin interface and embedded library compatibility

Hi guys,

I'm not able to find any information about compatibility assurance of server side -- i.e plugin interface and libmysqld.so library. I expect both should have stable API at least for one minor version across bugfix releases, but I don't believe that libmysqld.so is able to preserve ABI compatibility, since the set of exported symbols there is really huge.

Can you, please, provide some simple statement (ideally as an article) what is your best afford and if we can expect API/ABI of plugin/libmysqld.so interfaces?

Thanks and regards,
Honza

Follow ups