Re: packaging

Hi, Leif!

On Jan 21, Leif Walsh wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> How do you make debian and rpm packages for mariadb?  Which are the
> "blessed" config files and how is the process automated (and how might I
> run it manually)?

This is for RPM: https://mariadb.com/kb/en/source-building-mariadb-on-centos/
This is for DEB: https://mariadb.com/kb/en/building-mariadb-on-ubuntu/

Note the "up to 5.3" and "starting from 5.5" sections there, make sure
you read the correct one.

Alternatively, you can see build logs directly, they show how
exactly our release packages are built and unlike the knowledge base
or any other description elsewhere they are always correct.
For example, this is for fedora18:

http://buildbot.askmonty.org/buildbot/builders/kvm-rpm-fedora18-amd64/builds/1388/steps/compile/logs/stdio

And this is for Debian Wheezy:

http://buildbot.askmonty.org/buildbot/builders/kvm-deb-wheezy-amd64/builds/1862/steps/compile/logs/stdio

When I need to build deb packages manually (to fix some specific
packaging bug) I always copy paste commands from the buildbot log :)