Re: MariaDB 10.1 tree

Hi Colin,

On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 04:37:08PM +0800, Colin Charles wrote:
> On 22 Jan 2014, at 16:33, Sergei Petrunia <psergey@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Unless there are any objections, I am going to create a 10.1 tree on Launchpad.
> > It will be based on current 10.0.
> >

> Aren't we planning on doing this in github?
>
> https://mariadb.atlassian.net/browse/MDEV-5240

Yes, we wanted that. The problem is that some of us need to have the tree
already, and move to github is not done yet. In particular:
- Migration of existing trees (e.g. 10.0) was not done
- Buildbot integration is not done

Since coding/merging of new features is on the critical path for 10.1 (and
moving to github is not), I don't think it makes sense to delay creation of
the tree. When the move to github is done, we can migrate the 10.1 bzr tree,
too.

BR
Sergei Petrunia, Software Developer
MariaDB | Skype: sergefp | Blog: http://s.petrunia.net/blog