Re: Next steps in improving single-threaded performance

Hi Kristian,

yes, the second post answers most of my questions. Somehow I missed it, sorry.

Still a questions mostly to educate myself. According to proc mysqld executable
size is something like:
VmExe:	   12228 kB
VmLib:	    6272 kB

I assume the above refers to overall instructions. Level 1 instruction cache
size is like 32Kb, right?

When you say that we're executing too much code per request, did you mean the
above?

Do you think we can get similar speedup by putting compiler hints (e.g.
likely/unlikely) and code optimizations?

Thanks,
Sergey