Re: buildbot for non ~maria-captains branches on launchpad

Daniel Bartholomew <dbart@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 4:01 AM, Alexander Barkov <bar@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Would it be possible to have buildbot watch branches
>> which are on Launchpad, but which are outside of
>> the /~maria-captains/ directory?

> Sure. It can be configured to do so. Branches are defined using their

Note that currently Buildbot is hardwired to checkout branches under
lp:~maria-captains. For example:

bzr_checkout = Bzr(baseURL="http://bazaar.launchpad.net/%7Emaria-captains/maria/";,
                   defaultBranch="5.1",
                   mode="clobber",
                   forceSharedRepo=True,
                   timeout = 4*3600)

But that can be changed, of course.

One thing to be aware of is that putting a foreign branch into Buildbot gives
full access to our buildhosts to anyone with ability to push to that branch.
(That is one reason that we had the restriction to ~maria-captains/ so far).