Re: MariaDB build dependencies

Otto Kekäläinen <otto@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Can anybody tell me how in particular these are supposed to affect the
> build process?
> - libevent-dev

I think libevent was at some point used for the thread pool. But that the
reason. So it should be safe to remove libevent-dev from the build
dependencies.

Note that tests/async_queries.c requires libevent. But it is just an example,
and it doesn't really need to be packaged. tests/async_queries.c will just not
be built if libevent is not available.

> - doxygen, texlive-latex-base, ghostscript | gs-gpl

Yeah, I always wondered that as well. Maybe something related to generating
documentation or similar, that was used at some point? It should be fine to
omit it.

Additional comments:

 - libtool (>= 1.4.2-7), automake1.9

I suppose a remnant from pre-5.5 where autotools were used, should be fine to
remove.

 - procps | hurd

Seems debian/rules uses /proc to guess a good make -j value, and jemalloc
config.guess tries to guess the CPU from it. Neither is a good argument to
keep it in build-dep