maria-developers team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
Re: [Commits] Rev 4056: MDEV-5607: Query cache destroys uninitialized rwlock in file:///home/bell/maria/bzr/work-maria-5.5-MDEV-5607/
08.02.2014 18:50, Sergey Vojtovich пишет:
JFYI: while reporting this bug I came up with two questions that I couldn't
answer quickly. Probably they make sense, if not just ignore them:
1. This code was introduced with https://bugs.launchpad.net/maria/+bug/782223,
The callstack leading of "free" containing critical section is:
It means that this code was supposed to be executed exactly by
Query_cache::resize(), where you disable it.
Question: if this code is not supposed to be executed by ::resize(), is it
needed at all?
It makes some other things so probably it is needed (and as can see
stack it was more about whole cache, but of course I can't revise head
of Wlad :)
2. In Query_cache::resize() I can see block-level locks are acquired with the
Wait for all readers and writers to exit. When the list of all queries
is iterated over with a block level lock, we are done.
Isn't it needed in ::free_cache() also?
Free cache used in
1) init (it definitely do not need)
2) unlock with check that there is no requests (when switching cache off)
3) destruction here (as I think) all clients should be disconnected
already because of server shutdown.
4) resize (but here you see that it was locked and unlocked