Potential participation in Google Summer of Code 2014

Hi!

We have applied to be part of the Google Summer of Code 2014 project, and hope to gain some new contributors. If you are on this list and think you can be a mentor for a project, please consider writing a note at:
	https://mariadb.com/kb/en/google-summer-of-code-2014/

I think the aim for the GSoC students code should be for 10.1 inclusion

If you have any queries, don't hesitate to ask me about them, I'm happy to help. Typically mentors need about 4 hours or so per week to assist the student in seeing their project become a reality

I encourage many to participate as its a rewarding experience. In 2013, we did participate, and got 3 features out of it: SQL ROLES, PCRE regular expressions, and a Kerberos authentication plugin

Looking forward to seeing more happen in 2014!
(here's hoping we get accepted into GSoC 2014 of course!)

cheers,
-colin

--
Colin Charles, Chief Evangelist
MariaDB | t: +6-012-204-3201 | Skype: colincharles