Re: Problems installing mariadb published debian packages when using tmpfs for /tmp

Hi, Andrew!

On Feb 16, Andrew McDonnell wrote:
> Hiya,
>
> I followed the instructions here:
>
>   https://downloads.mariadb.org/mariadb/repositories/#mirror=aarnet_pty_ltd&distro=Debian&distro_release=wheezy&version=10.0
>
> cluminating with:
>
>   apt-get install mariadb-server mariadb-client -t wheezy
>
> and eventually after almost everything appears to have worked, I get a fail starting mysqld. (Log follows after)
>
> To summarise the log below, my interpetation of the errors is:
>
> * mysql doesnt like tmpfs
> * I am using tmpfs for /tmp. But the ibdata files getcreated in /var/lib/mysql which is not on tmpfs. So I dont understand what is happening here...
> * I am running zfs.  Could be part of the problem?

You can try to disable aio and O_DIRECT and see if that'll get you
anywhere. In case it's indeed a filesystem issue.

--innodb-flush-method=fdatasync (or remove O_DIRECT from your my.cnf)
--innodb-use-native-aio=0