Re: system variable value

Hi, Rich!

On Dec 23, Rich Prohaska wrote:
> I have a ULONGLONG system variable in my storage engine, and I set its
> value to '-1' on the mysqld command line.  Its value gets set to all
> ones without any warnings or errors.  The number conversion functions
> just cast between longlong and ulonglong types without regard to the
> sign of the number.  Is this correct behavior?

I agree that one can argue that it's not correct.

As far as I can see, it should be easy to fix this behavior.
On the other hand, I might imagine that people got used to
writing --option=-1 to mean "huge value, practically no limit".

That is, while it's technically easy to fix,
I'm not sure it should be fixed.