MariaDB C-API and specific P_S tables

THis is probably a question that Gerog Richter (or possibly Wlad) could
reply to.

I came across this bug report:
http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=71801
.. files by former MySQL/Sun/Oracle supporter Veleriuy Kravtchuk

We have a 64 bit C-application compiled with MariaDB C-API (on and for
Windows 64 bit). I connect to MySQL 5.6.15 and execute

SELECT * FROM `session_connect_attrs`;

/*
PROCESSLIST_ID ATTR_NAME ATTR_VALUE ORDINAL_POSITION
-------------- --------------- ---------- ------------------
2 _os Windows 0
2 _client_name libmariadb 1
2 _pid 5012 2
2 _thread 4640 3
2 _platform x86 4
2 _client_version 1.1.2 5
*/

With the MySQL CLI 5.6.15, you will get

/*
PROCESSLIST_ID ATTR_NAME ATTR_VALUE ORDINAL_POSITION
-------------- --------------- ---------- ------------------
4 _os Win64 0
4 _client_name libmysql 1
4 _pid 4888 2
4 _thread 4320 3
4 _platform x86_64 4
4 program_name mysql 5
4 _client_version 5.6.15 6
*/

The differences I notice are

* Our application populates P_S with "Windows" - not "Win64" as the 5.6.15
CLI
* Our application populates 'P_S with "x86" and not "x86_64".
* Our application does not populate P_S with a "program_name". But it has a
name of course!

MySQL 5.6 docs at
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/performance-schema-connection-attribute-tables.htmllists
(as far as I can understand)  that the client should use
mysql_options() and mysql_options4() C API functions to populate P_S with
all information.

I have two questions:

1)
Will the first 2 differences listed require a patch in our code or in
libmariadb?

2)
Obviosuly the lacking program name in the P_S tables is something that we
will neeed to take care of ourselves. However I think that mysql_options4()
was added in MySQL 5.6 and the MariaDB API does not supprot it currently
(it is targeted to be compatible with Oracle 5.5 API, I think). And to
populate the program name we may need to use  mysql_options4(). Am I right?

Follow ups