Re: Rev 4006: MDEV-5674 - Performance: my_hash_sort_bin is called too often

Hi, Sergey!

On Feb 14, Sergey Vojtovich wrote:
> At lp:maria/10.0

> revno: 4006
> revision-id: svoj@xxxxxxxxxxx-20140214122541-tenvcllk760deai8
> parent: svoj@xxxxxxxxxxx-20140213071355-psk0jpsarx2u7myc
> committer: Sergey Vojtovich <svoj@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> branch nick: 10.0
> timestamp: Fri 2014-02-14 16:25:41 +0400
> message:
>   MDEV-5674 - Performance: my_hash_sort_bin is called too often
>
>   - reduced number of my_hash_sort_bin() calls from 4 to 2 per query.
>     Let MDL subsystem use pre-calculated hash value for hash
>     inserts and deletes.

Is this necessary? One of the reasons why I didn't review this your first patch,
because I believed that the second one obsoletes it.

Why do you need my_hash_insert_using_hash_value() when you achieve the
same effect with your calc_hash callback in the second patch?

>   - reduced number of memory accesses done by my_hash_sort_bin()

I'd expect the compiler to handle it automatically, but feel free to
change it, if it doesn't.