Re: Group commit id in mysqlbinlog output

Hi Pavel,

On March 14, 2014 at 9:09:47 AM, Pavel Ivanov (pivanof@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
AFAIK, timestamp for a binlog event is the time when corresponding statement started to execute. The order of statements in the binlog is according to the time when statements were committed, which of course doesn't have anything to do with the time statement started to execute. That's why timestamps in the binlog can jump back and forth randomly. But I'd think that if one looks at timestamps only on GTID events then he should expect to see monotonically increasing time within each domain.
If that’s the case the GTID support is going to be helpful in areas beyond just parallelization and restart.  Thank you both for the clarifications.  We’ll be adding support for the MariaDB 10.0 binlog format in Tungsten Replicator later this year.  Should be a pleasure to work on… :)

Cheers, Robert

Pavel