Re: Core MariaDB 10. Task suggestion.

Hi, Sergey!

On Mar 26, Sergey Dudoladov wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I would like to ask for a task I could do to start contributing to the
> MariaDB 10.
> Right now I am looking for something relatively simple so that I can
> familiarize myself with the development process.

Great!

We've recently prepared a list of tasks for GSoC students.
See https://mariadb.com/kb/en/google-summer-of-code-2014/
You can look it through.
I'd recommend you to wait for a couple of weeks, until we know what
students were accepted and which projects from this page above are
taken. Then you can pick up any project that's still free.

If you want something really simple to start from, here's our bug
tracker: mariadb.org/jira you can search for bugs, and select something
minor that you can do in an hour or two, for example.

> Available time:  about 25 hours per week for at least 8 weeks.

Okay, then any project from the GSoC page above might be too big.
In our Jira you can also search for tasks, not only bugs. There are
simple tasks too.

> My personal preferences about the task are as follows:
> 1) The task should require some coding in either C or C++.

Pretty much any task will require that.

> 2) There should be a mentor/supervisor for the task

Yes, of course. Feel free to ask your questions here or on our
IRC channel #maria on FreeNode.