Re: Adding a storage engine - compilation

Hi Amith,

here is what I did:
please look at the file storage/<engine>/CMakeLists.txt
copy this file to storage/<customEngine>/
and then edit the text. An example for the new content:
>> ---------------------------
SET(DUMMY_PLUGIN_DYNAMIC "ha_dummy")
SET(DUMMY_SOURCES ha_dummy.cc ha_dummy.h)
MYSQL_ADD_PLUGIN(dummy ${DUMMY_SOURCES} STORAGE_ENGINE MODULE_ONLY)
<< --------------------

replace the name 'ha_dummy' with the name of your file.

Now, on a command-line execute the command:
cmake  -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug

you may add more options here if required.

Now recompile the sources. Everything worked here on my PC.

A tip: add an error to your sources so that the compiler will complain
about this, e.g. a syntax error. If this error-message appears you will
know that your source-code will be compiled.

hth
AugustQ