Vision for next 10.x minor releases

Hi guys,

first, congratulations for the 10.0 release, well done!

Even though it can look insane, I'm already wondering about next minor releases ;) Especially if you have already some idea about 10.1 and later.

Specifically, I'm wondering if these releases will still be somehow tight to MySQL's release cycle (say 10.1 will be somehow following 5.7) or if you plan totally independent release schedule like slower/faster the release cadence?

In other words, since MySQL changed only minor version and MariaDB bumped the major (we all know the reason), I'm wondering if something changed in thinking about major/minor versioning -- like if the difference between 10.0 and 10.1 will still be considered the same like between say 5.3 and 5.5.

I don't expect you can give us any dates, but some expectations, if 10.1 can be expected in months or rather years?

If that was already discussed somewhere, please, just point me to the correct place.

Thanks,
Honza

Follow ups