Re: Error in "make install"

Hi!

On Apr 08, sriram patil wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have had built and installed the mariadb source code before, no hassles
> whatsoever.
>
> I was trying to install it again but getting the following error when
> trying to "make install"

> -- Installing: /usr/local/mysql/mysql-test/././var/tmp
> -- Installing: /usr/local/mysql/mysql-test/././var/tmp/mysqld.2
> -- Installing: /usr/local/mysql/mysql-test/././var/tmp/mysqld.1.sock
> CMake Error at mysql-test/cmake_install.cmake:36 (FILE):
>   file INSTALL cannot copy file
>   "/home/sriram/Downloads/mariadb/10.0/mysql-test/./var/tmp/mysqld.1.sock"
>   "/usr/local/mysql/mysql-test/././var/tmp/mysqld.1.sock".
> Call Stack (most recent call first):
>   cmake_install.cmake:119 (INCLUDE)
>
> make: *** [install] Error 1
>
> Did anyone get such error while installing and was able to solve it?

Yes, I believe this happened, because you've run the test suite in the
build tree. I mean, if you simply build and install - it'll work.
If you build, test, and then try to install - you'll get an error.
mysql-test/var directory is created for tests, and if you delete it
you'll be able to install just fine.

I consider it a bug, mysql-test/var directory shouldn't break 'make install'.
If you'd like, you can try to fix it :)