[GSoC] Introduction Mail

Hi all,

I have been accepted for the project "Self-Tuning Optimizer". I will be
doing this project under the mentorship of Sergei Golubchik. There is
already a task created which will track the progress for this project:
https://mariadb.atlassian.net/browse/MDEV-350 . I'll start with getting
familiar with the code base, reading some literature on cost estimation in
optimizer and interacting with community.

About me:
I am currently a 4th year student pursuing B.Tech - M.Tech dual degree in
Computer Science and Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)
– Kanpur, India.
This would be my first GSoC project. I had done an internship at Facebook
last year. I'll also be maintaining a blog at http://igniting.in .

I'm really excited to be a part of mariadb and I hope to make a significant
contribution to it.

Regards
Anshu Avinash

Follow ups