Re: 10.1 planning

Sergei Golubchik <serg@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> See below.
> What do you think about it?
>
> On Apr 23, Elena Stepanova wrote:
>>
>> There is also https://mariadb.atlassian.net/browse/MDEV-4487
>> (Replication from 5.6 with enabled GTID) to be considered. It's
>> currently Minor and has 10.0.x as a target version, both of which are
>> questionable: recently Colin said on IRC that it should be much more
>> than a minor FR, and yet I doubt that somebody will get to it in 10.0.
>> Maybe it's more realistic to raise the priority but to re-target it for
>> 10.1?

I think Monty had some ideas for doing this, IIRC it was discussed at the
meeting in Barcelona in January.

If what I remember is true, it is actually just that a 5.6 master refuses to
replicate if the slave does not say it is configured for MySQL 5.6 GTID. The
slave does not need to actually _use_ GTID. So I think Monty's plan was for
the MariaDB slave to just lie to the master and say that it's a 5.6 slave with
appropriate config.

And the MariaDB slave would need to recognise and ignore the new MySQL 5.6
events, such as GTID.