Re: [GSoC] Optimize mysql-test-runs - Setback

Hi Pablo,

Thanks for the update.

On 12.06.2014 19:13, Pablo Estrada wrote:
Hello Sergei, Elena and all,
Today while working on the script, I found and fixed an issue:

There is some faulty code code in my script that is in charge of collecting
the statistics about whether a test failure was caught or not (here
<https://github.com/pabloem/Kokiri/blob/master/basic_simulator.py#L393>). I
looked into fixing it, and then I could see another *problem*: The *recall
numbers* that I had collected previously were *too high*.

The actual recall numbers, once we consider the test failures that are *not
caught*, are disappointingly lower. I won't show you results yet, since I
want to make sure that the code has been fixed, and I have accurate tests
first.

This is all for now. The strategy that I was using is a lot less effective
than it seemed initially. I will send out a more detailed report with
results, my opinion on the weak points of the strategy, and ideas,
including a roadmap to try to improve results.

Regards. All feedback is welcome.

Please push your fixed code that triggered the new results, even if you are not ready to share the results themselves yet. It will be easier to discuss then.

Regards,
Elena

Pablo