Re: Debian packaging - option to enable feedback plugin

> Otto Kekäläinen <otto.kekalainen@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>> I've been thinking about this too, but I haven't formed an opinion yet
>> on what is the best way to introduce this. I assume there are many
>> debianists who don't like data collection, and server admins who
>> simply don't want new dialogs to mess up their automated installation
>> systems. If I introduce this as a low priority question, most who
>> install will not be prompted. I need to think more around this..

Just as a side note, Percona Xtrabackup is pending to be removed from
Debian this month unless due to the privacy issues of the "call home"
feature:

In Debian the MariaDB feedback plugin needs to be strictly opt-in to
avoid similar fate.

I will look later at adding a opt-in question during the installation
phase in Debian.

--
Check out our blog at http://seravo.fi/blog
and follow @ottokekalainen