Re: Interest in contributing to MariaDB

???? java? no guy, mariadb database source code is C/C++ check :

github : https://github.com/MariaDB/server
and issue tracker: https://mariadb.atlassian.net
there's mariadb knowledge: https://mariadb.com/kb/en/
there're some book about mariadb/mysql internall and mysql internall
documentation: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/internals/en/

java is a connect, you can check more at mariadb page:
https://mariadb.com/products/connectors-plugins