Switching on use of components in Jira

Hello all,

I will later today switch on the usage of Components in Jira.
Components are a way of grouping issues inside a project. The idea is
to map every issue in Jira, being it a bug or a new feature to a
component which describes to what area of MariaDB the issue belongs.
For example a bug in Aria would be marked with the component "Storage
Engine - Aria". Currently there are 37 components defined in Jira that
should cover many areas, but I'm sure there are a few missing. There
is one generic to which you can assign issues that doesn't fall into
any other category, called OTHER. I'll include the list of components
here in the end of this email.

* What do you need to do? *
The Component field will be a mandatory field when closing an issue.
Therefore if a component (or several components) haven't been
specified earlier for an issue, you'll have to choose at least one
when closing an issue. The field has autocompletion so if you start
typing for example "Galera" you'll be presented with the alternatives
"Galera", "Galera Arbitrator garbd", and "Galera SST". If you don't
find a suitable component then choose the component called "OTHER".

* What is the benefit of using components? *
It's a way of organizing issues inside a project, so that you easily
can pull out all issues related to a certain area of MariaDB, e.g. if
I wanted to know all bug fixes for replication I would click on the
Replication component and get a list. There is the possibility to set
up automatic assignees based on components and components can be used
in filters and reports throughout Jira.

I hope this won't be a burden. All feedback is of course welcome.

BR,
Rasmus

* Components in the MariaDB Server project in JIRA *
Data Definition - Alter Table
Data Definition - Procedure
Data Definition - Temporary
Data Manipulation - Insert Delayed