MariaDB 10.0 on POWER

Hi,

I'm sure you have read:
	https://www.flamingspork.com/blog/2014/10/08/mariadb-10-0-on-power/

For XL:
There’s obviously still some work in progress going on, but my initial results show performance within around 10% of MySQL, so with a bit of work we will hopefully see MariaDB reach performance parity.

For Serg:
One interesting find was the code to account for thread memory usage uses a single atomic variable: this does not scale and does end up showing up on profiles.

It isn't clear 10% loss to which MySQL, but comparing to 5.6 or 5.7, this has to "just work better"

Thanks
--
Colin Charles, Chief Evangelist, MariaDB Corporation
blog: http://bytebot.net/blog/| t: +6-012-204-3201 | Skype: colincharles

Follow ups