COMPOUND STATEMENT fails on Windows.

I tried to comment on this Blog
https://blog.mariadb.org/mariadb-10-1-1-compound-statements/, but it won't
let me use my (corporate) gmail address for authencticaton. So I send
this mail instead:

I tried the example provided on Windows (both server and client are Win7 64
bit) using the command line client shipped with MariaDB 10.1:

Enter password: ********
Welcome to the MariaDB monitor.  Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MariaDB connection id is 5
Server version: 10.1.1-MariaDB mariadb.org binary distribution

Copyright (c) 2000, 2014, Oracle, SkySQL Ab and others.

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input
statement.

MariaDB [(none)]> use test;
Database changed
MariaDB [test]> IF @have_csv = 'YES' THEN
    ->   CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS general_log (
    ->     event_time TIMESTAMP(6) NOT NULL,
    ->     user_host MEDIUMTEXT NOT NULL,
    ->     thread_id BIGINT(21) UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
    ->     server_id INTEGER UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
    ->     command_type VARCHAR(64) NOT NULL,
    ->     argument MEDIUMTEXT NOT NULL
    ->   ) engine=CSV CHARACTER SET utf8 comment="General log";
ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual
that
corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near
'' a
t line 9
MariaDB [test]> END IF;

Obviously the SEMICOLON after comment="General log" disturbs.  But this is
no better:

MariaDB [test]> IF @have_csv = 'YES' THEN
    ->   CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS general_log (
    ->     event_time TIMESTAMP(6) NOT NULL,
    ->     user_host MEDIUMTEXT NOT NULL,
    ->     thread_id BIGINT(21) UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
    ->     server_id INTEGER UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
    ->     command_type VARCHAR(64) NOT NULL,
    ->     argument MEDIUMTEXT NOT NULL
    ->   ) engine=CSV CHARACTER SET utf8 comment="General log"
    -> END IF;
ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual
that
corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near
'END
 IF' at line 10
MariaDB [test]>

What is the problem here? Is it someWindows-specific bug/issue? BTW it is
the same in SQLyog (compiled with MariaDB C-API)  as in commandline.

-- Peter
-- Webyog

Follow ups