Re: [Commits] Rev 4346: MDEV-7026 - Occasional hang during startup on Power8 in lp:maria/5.5

Sergey Vojtovich <svoj@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> thanks for your feedback! Since we're short on time and you have an idea of a
> proper fix, what if we do it the other way around: you'll implement a fix and
> I'll review it from PPC64 perspective?

Hm, ok then.

You can find the patch here:

    http://lists.askmonty.org/pipermail/commits/2014-November/007047.html

I pushed it here:

    lp:~maria-captains/maria/5.5-mdev7026

The idea is to:

1. Revert the original, incorrect changes to InnoDB mutex, make them be
unchanged on i386/amd64 compared to 5.5.39.

2. Add the missing full barriers in InnoDB mutex for PowerPC so the code works
similarly as on i386/amd64.

Feel free to use it or not, or modify it as you see fit.